Over the last few weeks, Athena rolled out an update that may have broken your integration. If your shot lot numbers and expiration dates are no longer populated in Athena by VaxCare - this may be the cause!
Part 1: Verify the problem
- Log into Athenahealth.
- Make sure your user has Interface Admin: Map Messages (except Insurances) and Interface Admin: View Message Queue" permissions. You may need an admin to give you these permissions.
- Click the Settings gear in the bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Practice Management.
- On the left sidebar, open Interface Message Queue Manager. It may take a few minutes before you're able to see this link if you were just recently granted permissions.
- Search for ERRORS and sort by Created date by clicking on the top of the Created column. The goal is to see recent errors.
If you see recent error messages mentioning that departments are unmapped, we've found our culprit!
Part 2: Fix it!
- Find an ERROR message from Part 1.
- Click the Map button in the far right-hand column.
- Select the correct Department value from the dropdown presented and save.
- Repeat until you've mapped all broken Departments!
Once these Departments are mapped, keep an eye out for shot data to flow back when shots are checked out at the VaxHub. You may consider running a test to verify that the fix worked - just remember to remove the checkouts afterwards!
Data for shots in the past will not retroactively appear in Athena - the fix only applies to shots in the future.